I am an avid reader of your blogs (I think I sent you a FB message once saying something to the effect of “keep fighting the good fight”). I was wondering if you might write up a post some day on how lay men who are not part of this particular struggle can be allies to females. I understand that this could mean we need to shut up, respect female-only spaces, and divest ourselves from patriarchy as much as we can. I think that you might have something to say though beyond that, which I think the handful of observers like me would be interested in hearing. Keep fighting the good fight.
Men can be allies to Women.
1. Recognize that sex matters.
2. Respect that Women will want to organize as Women, and will not derail.
3. Support female-only spaces.
4. Support issues that impact Women uniquely (e.g., reproductive choice) without derailing (a la Julia Serano).
5. Don’t personalize feminist objections to rape and sexual assault, reproductive issues, gender identity theory, pornography, prostitution, or any other matter that uniquely impacts Women.
6. Speak out against violent threats made by Men’s Rights Activists/Trans Activists against Women and Feminists.
7. Recognize that sometimes we will disagree – and that’s ok.
8. Do not view female sexuality as a political obligation.
9. Listen to Women.
10. Believe Women.
11. Trust Women.
Readers, what other advice do you have for Men?