Recently, Green Party Presidential Candidate Jill Stein whiffed on the question of men in women-only space.
Roseanne Barr, running as the Peace and Freedom Party presidential candidate along with Cindy Sheehan, did not whiff. Indeed, she is the only presidential candidate who has stood firmly for women’s space. Here is what she said when asked about this on Twitter by Radical Feminist activist Ann Tagonist:
The Peace and Freedom Party demands “full equality” for Women in all aspects of life. Sexism is a major instrument for teaching relations of domination and inequality and for keeping one-half of the workforce underpaid or unpaid. The Peace and Freedom Party wants to end oppressive sex roles in society, ensure equal rights and responsibilities in child raising, and will work with unions to “do more to organize women and promote women’s leadership.” The Party demands:
- Adoption of an equal rights amendment.
- Equal pay for equal work, and for work of comparable worth.
- Enforce non-discrimination in hiring and promotion with affirmative action where necessary.
- Provision of free, high-quality, community-controlled child care.
- Convenient provision of safe, free birth control information and materials to men and women of any age.
- Free abortion on demand.
- No forced abortions or sterilizations.
- Safe prenatal care.
- End violence against women.
If Roseanne is on the ballot in your state, support her as she supports us.
Thank you Roseanne!