Originally posted on Plastic Girl:
(and why this made-up term is really bullshit made up by trans-centered and clueless transactivists. Julia Serano comes to mind, actually, as do her neophyte glomlings)
(LGBT, neologism) The social advantage enjoyed by those who are cisgender/cissexual.
Who uses the term “cisprivilege” and what does it mean to them?
Transwomen use this term without having any idea at all how profoundly offensive it is to born-females.
What transwomen mean when they said born-females enjoy “cisprivilege”
- You can grow your hair long and NOBODY questions you! omg!
- you get to wear dresses and pantyhose and paint your toes and nobody calls you a fag!
- shopping for highheels. srsly!
- having doors held open for you by chivalrous dinosaurs
- getting “dressed” in feminine clothing of any kind, especially little black dresses
- being a cheerleader, or Hooters girl.
- going to a bar and having all your drinks paid…
View original 553 more words